About Changemakers in AI
Changemakers in AI is a community of AI4ALL-trained emerging AI talent. For participants, Changemakers in AI offers belonging and community, AI internship, mentorship, and research opportunities, college and career readiness support, and access to innovative content, workshops, collaborative projects, and speakers. For companies, Changemakers in AI offers opportunities to hire from a diverse community of leadership-track AI talent.
How it Works
Students who successfully complete an AI4ALL Summer Program or AI4ALL College Pathways program are invited to join the Changemakers community at the end of their current program. Changemakers in AI is only open to people who have completed a Summer Program or College Pathways Apply AI program.
Who makes up the Changemakers community?
Emerging AI leaders who:
- Possess strong technical and critical reasoning skills that prepare them for the future of AI
- Are trained with AI4ALL’s relevant, cutting-edge curriculum to approach AI with a societal impact lens
- Are part of a global community of talent
- Have a diverse range of interests and focus areas, including technology, policy, entrepreneurship, art, ethics, and more
- Identify with groups historically excluded from AI
Changemakers in AI offers:
- Community and belonging for those interested in AI
- Internship, mentorship, and research opportunities
- College and career readiness support
- Access to innovative content, workshops, collaborative projects, and speakers
- Tailored programming to support where community members are in their AI journeys
- Free lifetime access to the Changemakers in AI community
[While mentoring Changemakers,] I greatly enjoyed the opportunity to pay the knowledge that I've gained over the years forward--in terms of research experience, career advice, as well as technical skills that were helpful for the mentees' projects. As an added bonus, I also enjoyed learning about some new problem areas & tools through the experience!Suhani Vora, Google
These students are extraordinary. The fact that they have access to very current, open-source tools means they can learn things and work on projects that would never have been possible even a few years ago. Supporting their continuing journey with earlier-in-their-education, real-world internships will not only keep them engaged, but serve to influence corporate culture towards the better.Richard Sternin, EY
For Current Changemakers
Are you an existing member of the Changemakers in AI community? Join us on the exclusive Changemakers Connect platform to get more opportunities to develop your AI knowledge, your leadership skills, and your network.
For Others in the Field
Are you an AI practitioner, researcher, policymaker, or other professional interested in volunteering with our community of emerging AI talent? Let us know! We’re seeking volunteers who work in and around AI in a variety of ways.